Friday, October 6, 2006

Count von Count#19: Counting the Laughs, Regional Transport, & Our Celebrity Look-Alikes

As previously mentioned, our site server crashed the other day, so in case you were wondering where some of
the forum comments went the answer is up to server heaven. Apparently the entire hard drive completely failed and had to be replaced which we were told barely ever happens, but it did. If you can't see the images in recent blogs, that's also the reason--your ISP hasn't yet updated the DNS information for our new server. If you can understand that, kudos to you. All I can say is better now than later.

In other news, Danny recently made the astute observation on my ever
increasing usage of the Count von Count laugh. A few years ago we saw an episode of Sesame Street where the Count was doing what he does best--counting. "One bouncy ball, two bouncy balls, Ha! Ha! Ha!" Except that his laugh is inverted, so it's more like "Ah! Ah! Ah!"

This laugh of his was incredibly amusing to me, especially since I
didn't grow up with the show. So we starting imitating it as a joke once in a while. I think I overdid it though, because it's now found its way into my regular laugh, which is a bit bizarre. It is not exactly what one calls a natural laugh. However, with Halloween approaching, maybe it's a little more appropriate now.




It seems the place you live affects the type of car you drive, but not necessarily in relation to your needs in that place. In Miami, where Danny's parents live, there are a gazillion Hummers. Why someone in the completely flat terrain of southern Florida would need one is beyond me (I blame Arnold). In Boulder, however, the Toyota Prius is clearly the vehicle of choice. This is despite Colorado actually having mountains and rugged terrain. I've seen exactly one Hummer in Colorado, and exactly one Prius in Florida. I do have to admit, I mostly only started paying attention after I watched Who Killed the Electric Car. Who knew the first cars were electric?



Heart,
Nina

2 Feedback:

At 10/07/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Danny&Nina wrote...

Is everyone able to see the pictures on the blog?

 
At 10/09/2006 05:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Yes, I can, but I was wondering if youuu could see how amazing and beautifull the lovely town you've never heard of called claremont is. its in southern california two seconds away from the mountains.

I'm Skosh... by the way, the princess you added on myspace. I'll probably be in the first page or two of your friends list, mostly white, but not intentionally regarding race.

But yes, the town, Claremont. It just happens to be home to the five yes count em, five private colleges and is coveniently located north of pomona home of the glasshouse where lady tron will be at the end of this month.

But the reason I bring this tiny town up is that its freaking awesome. no other word can describe it besides maybe kangaroo.
maaaybe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home