Thursday, September 28, 2006

#14: Toddler Portraiture Pt. 2, It Pays To Be Different, Remembering Sean Lennon.

Don't worry, I'm not going to become the sort of person who frequently blogs about their cats, but I'm excited because I recently found out that I will soon be reunited with my fluffball Snuffleupagus (who has spent the past few months with his mum-and-pop in law in Colorado). In his honor, my four year old niece drew this portrait of him. Below, a new photo of Nina with Snuffy. Doublemint fun.

Mozilla reportedly made $72 million dollars last year from Firefox, their open-source internet browser. The dollar amount has been disputed, although not protested heartily enough to imply that it is too far off the mark. Their parent foundation, the Mozilla Foundation, certainly deserves every last penny and it's great to know that they are reaping rewards to continue their great work... but didn't couldn't they think up a better abbreviation than "MoFo"?

This guy probably won't be getting quite that much money, but he does see how far $39 and corporate goodwill go. Of course, it's not like $72 million is even such a large figure anymore. Just ask the kids who'll be attending public school here. Russia just gave Cuba $350 million worth of credit--maybe they'll be able to build a couple schools. Anyway, with numbers like that, it's good to know that $3,000 can still buy you love.

Remember Sean Lennon? Most people in the indie music world probably would have forgotten him by now (it's been eight years since his excellent first record)... if his parents weren't the most famous couple in the history of rock 'n roll. Anyhow, he's got a new record coming out in October called Friendly Fire, and it's made me remember how much I actually enjoyed his debut. There's a "trailer" for his new album here (with, erm, Lindsay Lohan and Carrie Fisher), but I found it more fun to revisit the video for "Home" off his first record. It was directed by Spike Jonze, and as everyone knows, the man can do no wrong. He's the poor man's Michel Gondry.


xoxox
Danny

Labels:

3 Feedback:

At 9/29/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Danny&Nina wrote...

I guess it's still surprising to me how much you resist the Beatles. Especially after this video. Why Danny?
-Nina

 
At 9/30/2006 01:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

i am uncomfortable with that "poor mans..." line.

 
At 9/30/2006 08:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Man, that really brings me back to being 16 and misunderstood. Good times.

Call me sometime...lets hang out, kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home