Monday, September 18, 2006

#5: Nina Update: S'mores Are Good.

I'm part of a couple art shows in Boulder, Colorado, so I'm spending some time visiting my parents right now. The most striking thing when I arrived was that it's already fall here. Maybe it felt so completely bizarre because I was in Miami prior to heading here, but I'm not complaining. Quite the opposite - it's breathtakingly beautiful all around. The crisp cool air, the smells, and of course, all the colors! I've been enjoying making fires in their backyard fire pit and toasting marshmallows. I don't remember myself being quite so enthusiastic for fall in a long time, but maybe that's because in NYC you don't get to feel it in the same way.

Basic s'mores recipe:
Melt some chocolate in tin foil on the side of the fire while you roast the marshmallows. Grab a graham cracker and slide the marshmallow on to it, then pour a bit of melted chocolate on and squish together with another marshmallow. Voila! Now make "s'more".

It seems obvious, I know, but it's all about melting the chocolate beforehand. Danny thinks you could use Hershey's syrup, but we all know he's daft. Keep in mind: sugar-free marshmallows work great, too and you can add other toppings like bananas or almonds... Or, if you're lazy, it never hurts to just eat marshmallows out of a bag.

And speaking of having lived in New York, The Baskervilles (who are from NYC themselves) sum up a lot of why it is so difficult to find places to have a good time in that great city on "Midnight at the Underground Club." Of course, they do it in their typically whimsical fashion and there's a lighthearted video to match:



Heart,
Nina

Labels: ,

0 Feedback:

Post a Comment

<< Home