Sunday, November 12, 2006

Danny and Nina as envisioned by Plano Wired#45: Plano Catches On & New Illustrations.

We got a special treat this weekend from the lovely folks in Texas. It seems as though some of our zealous German supporters wrote to a cable access show called Plano Wired to let them know about our project. The resulting bit of investigative journalism is pretty funny stuff.

Some of our favorite bits include their original cartoon rendering of the lower halves of our bodies (they made Danny taller and gave me some smokin' legs--see today's image) and the inclusion of the song "Plano, Texas, USA." Without further ado:



Aside from that, I've just put up a new section on my site entitled illustration. I'm going to try doing a new sketch each day and hopefully I'll have something more to show soon. I love your feedback, so please share any constructive criticism you may have as well as your thoughts on the Plano Wired piece!

Heart,
Nina

Labels: , ,

1 Feedback:

At 11/13/2006 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hi Nina & Danny:

I'm gratified to see that you really dig on the German marketing efforts in support of your move to Plano!

And now, for you, to sing along with Lutricia McNeal, here are the lyrics of "Plano, Texas, USA":

I sometimes think that after a drink or two
I shouldn´t be living in Dallas

I´d go far from the city
I would read the graffiti
and I would buy me an oceanside palace
Plano, Texas, USA
This is what I´ve got to say
Plano, Texas, USA
I do things in my own way
I think it´s cool, when I skinnydip in my pool
and the neighbors looking
and I´m breaking the rules

I won´t conform ya'll
to the norm ya'll
I think I go and do what I wanna do

Plano, Texas, USA...

and the feeling is strong
and it´s lingering on
I´ve gotta move on
and it´s almost night
I think I´ll put on my thong
let´s get it on

Plano, Texas, USA...

And if you wanna have the song as an *mp3 file, just write me a PM in the forum (with details where I should send it). I feel you might wish to make it available on your server... of course not as a download, just for listening... for copyright reasons... ;-)

Best regards,

bustard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home